Amflo Care Services Ltd aims to provide the highest standards of care and tailor-made services designed to equip vulnerable people with independent living skills so that they retain their independence.
Care & Support
Life skills training
- Understanding nutrition and hydration.
- Preparing shopping list, going shopping.
- Cleaning & maintaining bedrooms and communal areas.
- Laundering & ironing clothing and bedding etc.
- Prompting socially acceptable levels of personal hygiene.
- Coaching on how to access welfare benefits.
- Benefits management
- Training on how to open up a savings account.
- Understanding their tenancies
Support to be in touch with professional services & liaison with other agencies.
- How to access education, training, & employment opportunities
- Coaching in accessing local Support Services e.g Drug & Alcohol and counselling services and also working in collaboration with GPs, Dentists, and Opticians etc.
- Health & Safety, and Fire safety training
- Staff giving emotional support.
- Organizing social events & holidays
- Respecting other clients’ religious and cultural observances
- Re-establishing contact with family and friends
- Conflict resolution between neighbors or other tenants
- Prompting and support with personal hygiene.
- Management & administration of medication
Amflo Care Services ltd, supported living accommodation is primarily targeted at individuals at risk from the ages of 16 to 25 years. Our service is aimed at giving individuals the opportunity to live as independently as possible with help from staff when needed. We empower each individual to make their own choices to enable them to lead their lives in the best way they want to, in less restrictive ways possible. Our clients will have a tenancy agreement and will be given the same rights as anyone living in their own accommodation. Client choice is so important. So, living in a supported housing scheme, allows people to live in a house as if it’s their own, where they feel safe knowing that care or support is close whenever they need it. Our support is personalised depending on each client and their needs. The level of assistance is agreed upon from the outset with each client.
We carefully choose our housing units to be near the places of interest and access to transport, major supermarkets, local services, and health services.
Amflo Care Services, staff have undergone mandatory training to meet the varying needs of our client group and to deal with individuals with challenging behaviour and complex needs. Our staff attend a wide range of training and continuous development courses to equip them to work effectively and professionally with our customers. Our support service is 24hrs and has staff on-site round the clock, with sleeping staff available during the night.
We mainly target individuals who require some level of supported living care services. We also consider those vulnerable people with complex needs.
We rehabilitated people with one or more of the following conditions or problems:
- Acquired Brain injury.
- Challenging Behaviour
- Mental Health Needs
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Learning disabilities
- unaccompanied asylum seekers.
- young people with accommodation emergencies.
Client Group Needs
These are some of the areas we support our clients:
- prompting to take their medication.
- assisting with re-establishing and sustaining daily living and social skills
- planning of inhouse and external activities to reduce boredom and isolation.
- support to engage in therapeutic interventions and attend specialist day care services
- assistance with personal care issues
- help with meal preparation and supervision whilst eating.
- assistance to manage their challenging behaviour and complex needs.
- continuous monitoring of clients because of them being vulnerable to exploitation from others.
- support to participate in community activities.
- guidance to identify and enrol in colleges or training courses.
- companionship and befriending to reduce social isolation when living alone
- assistance to claim and manage their benefits.
- assistance with registering and attending appointments with primary care services.
- escorting to appointments, shopping and recreational activities
- assistance with organising holidays and trip
Entertainment and recreational pursuits have been identified as important aspects of our work with individuals. We encourage our clients to develop and engage in interesting activities, inside and outside their home.
Education & Vocational training
We value education and training as it promotes an independent lifestyle. Clients tell us about their ambitions and aspirations and are encouraged and assisted to access a range of educational and occupational activities in line with them.
We offer our clients opportunities to go on group or individual holidays to any country as well as planning and budgeting for the trip. However, due to COVID-19, the service is suspended until further notice.